So I did it.
I moved from the east coast to the west.
Things I’ve learned so far?
1. Beeping – drivers are quick to remind me with one quick HONK that I don’t know where I’m going.
2. Juice Bars – this is a known fact, but I still find it fascinating. I tried a sip of my sister’s greenish blend and….eh. I’ll stick with a smoothie or heck, just give me a chewable meal.
3. Shopping, Shopping Everywhere – big spenders in big places, places I’ve never even heard of. Cotton On? Brandy Melville? I need to find a job.
4. It’s orrrrrrganiccc – everything that is.
5. Movie Theaters – every street, every block, every page in the newspaper. Some even just play two movies – racy drama next to a family fun film. One ticket for Don Jon, please.
6. The Industry – the name given to those “enslaved” to the entertainment business (as described by a lovely neighbor I met today). He also told me to get a sharper knife.
7. THERE’S A 9% SALES TAX? 9%???????
8. There is traffic at all hours. And the crosswalks aren’t any better.
9. You can charge your “electric” car in the parking garage?
10. The pizza is….eh.