“Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been” is my all-time favorite short story.
Definitely reading Divergent, The Fault in Our Stars, The Wolf of Wall Street, Serena, and The Spectacular Now.
Who am I kidding. I’m reading all of them.
1. I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron
“When Harry Met Sally” and “Sleepless in Seattle” are my go-to romantic comedies, so it would only make sense to add Ephron’s works to my list. I have to get my hands on “Wallflower at the Orgy” and “Crazy Salad: Some Things About Women.”
2. The Bling Ring by Nancy Jo Sales
Currently devouring this.
3. The Accursed by Joyce Carol Oates
“Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?” is my FAVORITE SHORT STORY OF ALL TIME. So it’s about time I read one of her novels, especially since I now follow her on Twitter.
4. The Big Screen: The Story of Movies by David Thomson
I’m a nerd.
In my last English class all of my classmates gushed about how much they love Lolita. It’s always been one of those books I pick up in the bookstore (RIP Borders) but never committed to – that changes this summer!
6. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
Another one of those “I’ll read this…eventually.”
7. The Plague of Doves by Louise Erdrich
If you haven’t read “The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse,” you definitely should. And then read this.
8. On Writing by Stephen King
I’ll take any advice I can get from Stephen King.
9. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
I need to take a break from George for a while, as I am still in mourning…sob…Rob…but I’ll buck up and read the series.
10. Everything by Jane Austen
It’s probably some form of English-major blasphemy that I have yet to read Jane Austen.