Dirty Laundry Blogger has nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you very much!
The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize awesome blogs. If you’re nominated, here’s what you do:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination.
5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
So here are the 11 questions Alyssa asked me:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging last year after graduating from college in an attempt to keep writing every day-ish. And it’s been working-ish.
2. Tell a funny/interesting story or joke.
Why do artists constantly feel cold?
[Because they’re surrounded by drafts]
3. What is one good deed you’ve done this week?
I gave the guy behind me in the Metro line the dollar he needed for his ticket.
4. What was the last good book you read? (Because I need some suggestions! :P)
Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple!
5. What is the first quote that pops into your mind?
“You rest, You rust” – something my Pops (grandpa) used to say.
6. Where is your dream holiday destination, and what would you do there?
I would love to travel to England with my sister and see the Bronte house (Jane Eyre is my favorite book of all time).
7. Name your top 5 favourite singers/bands.
– Bruce Springsteen
– Edward Sharp & The Magnetic Zeroes
… and…I don’t know. But here are three I’m liking a lot lately:
– First Aid Kit
– Lana Del Ray
8. Who inspires you?
My parents. My sister. My friends.
Tina Fey. Mindy Kaling. Nora Ephron.
Louise Erdrich. Wally Lamb. Julie Andrews.
Why is Julie Andrews listed among my favorite authors, you ask?
BECAUSE SHE WROTE THIS AMAZING BOOK:
9. Would you rather be permanently a child, or permanently a 60 year old?
60 years-old. Because by the time you’re 60…you do what you want. And get away with it.
10. When was the last time you washed your hands? (haha so random)
Just now. Twice.
11. What is your favourite thing (not necessarily a possession) in this world?
Hm. My family’s house. I love being there and having everyone over. And lying on my living room floor.
*And my 11 nominations are!
*And my questions!
1.What are your top 5 favorite movies?
2. Who was the last person you hugged?
3. Where was your favorite vacation?
4. If you could only listen to one song on repeat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
5. If you had to marry a fictional character (book/TV/film), who would it be?
6. What do you want to be like when you’re old? (For example, one of my friends says she wants to be that memorable neighbor who chases after kids with her cane.)
7. What was the last good book you read (I need to add to my list)?
8. What TV show are you addicted to right now (I just caught up with American Horror Story)?
9. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
10. What cheers you up?
11. What three things would you bring with you on a desert island (one can be a person, one can be an infinite amount of something, if you so wish)?